Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Diverse Sources

Source Name: Sara Walker
Age: 20
Occupation: Student
Income: High ($50,000 +)
Race: Anglo
Gender: Female

Question: Have you adjusted any spending habits since the economic downturn that began in the fall? If so, will you tell me about how you've adjusted.
Answer: "Yes, I actually have a budget. The budget matters to me because it is my parent's money, so now I am actually working. My grandparents invested in the Texas Tomorrow Fund when I was young, so that covers my entire tuition in Texas."

Question: What effect has the downturn in the U.S. economy had on you?
Answer: "I had to come to this school. I was attending Furman University in South Carolina, and out of state tuition was too expensive, so I had to move back to Texas."

Question: What do you think should be done to help people during these difficult financial times?
Answer: "My mom works for a bank, and she does a lot of work with High school students in education. I think that is the key, education."


No comments:

Post a Comment