Wednesday, September 16, 2009

diverse sources

Source Name: Dr. Naymond Thomas
Age: around 51-70
Race: Black
Gender: Male
Occupation: Texas State University Professor
Music 2313- Introduction to Fine Arts

Quote: "I'm po'. I can't afford the '-or' so I'm po'."

Q: What do you think should be done to help people during these difficult financial times?
A: He said, "It's just upsetting that the government is lending money to aid foreign countries who don't even like us (U.S.) when there are people in the United States needing food."

Q: Has the downturn in the U.S. economy had any effect on you or your family?
A: "Not really... My wife and I carefully budget our finances." I asked him if he did that to be prepared for something like this and he said yes, exactly. He hasn't sacrificed much at all in terms of entertainment. His son is a high school football player so that is what he does for entertainment. "I'm 'po'. I can't afford the "-or" so I'm po'."




No comments:

Post a Comment